This article, originally published by Al Zucaro on BocaWatch.org, is preserved for historical purposes by Massive Impressions Online Marketing in Boca Raton.
If there are questions or concerns with the content please e-mail email@example.com.
Scott Singer reacted on Facebook Saturday morning to what we believe is the amateur YouTube video shown here. This video talks about his voting record, specifically his vote to permit private development on Boca’s Beaches.
BocaWatch has followed this issue regarding beach development very closely. Here’s some background that was published in BocaWatch in May: deposed Mayor Susan Haynie and her Deputy Mayor, Scott Singer, both voted for a “Lot Width Variance” in 2015. Only Council Member Jeremy Rogers voted against allowing building on the dune in a lot that was previously considered unsuitable for construction due to the width of the lot.
The video above, most likely the thing that Singer is mentioning on Facebook, was shown to us at BocaWatch. It’s only a minute and a half and echos facts we’ve already published, so by itself it wasn’t saying anything new. It wasn’t getting ahead of other info we think is worth your attention. However, Singer’s reaction to “rumors” seemed strange and newsworthy. His reaction leaves more questions than answers:
- Would anyone have started seeking out the “rumors” he meant before he mentioned them?
- How many of the video’s 400+ views came as a result of people made curious by his reaction?
- Why is he investing time in addressing this variance thing instead of just ignoring it – especially when so few voters watched the video?
- Is he denying that the variance was for building on the lot?
- Is this YouTube video about Singer’s voting record on beach construction unfair or inaccurate?
- Could there be some other rumors he’s referring to?
The last question was rhetorical. No sincere candidate deserves unfair rumors being spread about them. Please use BocaWatch and social media respectfully.