Man Dies, Woman Hospitalized After Taking Form Of Chloroquine To Prevent COVID-19

    0
    35

    An Arizona man is dead and his wife was hospitalized after the couple ingested chloroquine, a chemical that has been hailed recently by President Trump as a possible “game changer” in the fight against novel coronavirus, according to the Phoenix hospital that treated the couple. Banner Health hospital said in a statement that “the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate, an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks.” “Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance,” the statement continued. The hospital said that the man died of cardiac arrest and the woman was admitted in critical condition. The hospital did not name the couple. “Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so,” said Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director. “The last thing that we

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here